April has been a busy month in the shop and on the blog. Here's a sample of what we've been writing about this month:
- Lowell's School Tools and the Bluegrass Vehicle Report. We provided data about the vehicles we drive in Lexington and surrounding areas, as well as tools for parents and teachers to use to make the data come to life for their students.
- Why CentrePointe will fail. Our all-time most popular post analyzes why Lexington's CentrePointe project is doomed even if it is built. (Also published in Ace Weekly)
- But it isn't enough to simply grouse about the failure of CentrePointe. We need to understand what went wrong, what to do about it, and what to do with the empty block downtown. We need a plan. Toward that end, we offer The UnTower Manifesto as a starting point for moving beyond CentrePointe. (Portions cross-posted to Ace Weekly and Barefoot & Progressive)
- We weren't always serious in April. We speculated on the real source of the Toyota truck logo.
- What do you hate about Lowell's? We ask you what you don't like about Lowell's. We want to be better.
- Why Twitter matters. Twitter has become something of an online sensation of late, with everyone from Oprah to the White House jumping on the Twitter bandwagon. We talk about how to make it work, and why Twitter is more important than it may seem.
- A better brand for Lexington. We talk about what it will take to truly re-brand Lexington. Hint: It doesn't involve a blue horse or Pentagram. (Also published in Ace Weekly, and cross-posted to Transform Lexington)