When we started LexMob on July 22nd, the idea was to keep patronizing
businesses affected by the closure of South Limestone for a month. It has been extremely rewarding to meet fellow LexMobbers and to meet owners and workers in the targeted businesses.
It has also been very time-consuming. I’ve decided to stop organizing LexMobs after Monday, August 31st, so that I can better tend to my business.
This doesn’t mean that LexMobs have to stop. In fact, we’d be thrilled if LexMob continues into the fall. And anyone can organize a LexMob for South Limestone: The idea is to ‘show up’ with our feet and our wallets to help out these businesses. Whether it is a mob of 1 or a mob of 100, simply show up and ask others to show up as well.
The easiest way to organize a LexMob: Send out a notice on Twitter with the hashtag phrase “#LexMob for #SoLime”. In my experience, it is good to send out a few tweets at different times of the morning to let different people know when and where the LexMob will be. Then, after your LexMob, tell the twitterverse how it was and thank those who came. That’s all it takes.
I’ve had a number of suggestions for how LexMob could continue:
- LexMobs could be weekly (or a couple of times a week) instead of each day
- Perhaps the businesses on South Limestone could organize LexMobs themselves
- We could just see what happens; Hopefully, other LexMobbers could continue to organize mobs without a central planner
We support any or all of these options.
In any case, here is our ‘final’ schedule for LexMob:
- Wednesday 8/19, Lunch: Sav’s Grill
- Thursday 8/20, Lunch: Hanna’s, Zag’s, & Failte Irish Imports
- Thursday 8/20, 7 PM: Social Event at Pazzo’s Pizza Pub (sponsored by the Lexington Fashion Collaborative)
- Monday 8/24, Lunch: Banana Leaf
- Tuesday 8/25, Lunch: Tolly Ho
- Wednesday 8/26, Lunch: Cloud 9
- Thursday 8/27, Lunch: Han Woo Ri, The Album, Sqecial Media, and ReBelle
- Friday 8/28, Lunch: Sav’s Grill and Oneness
- Monday 8/31, Lunch: Pazzo’s Pizza Pub and CD Central
We hope to see you there! Who’s in?